Windows 7 Freezes randomly loops sound EDIT now restarts randomly also

travazf

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
Windows 7 64 bit Freezes randomly and I am forced to restart with the reset button or holding down power, happens while watching youtube videos on the web and while playing games, this computer is new from newegg open box, and I was wondering what part could be causing the problem because I want to just replace that, here is my PC specs:
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz ... Upgraded to AMD FX 6350 3.9 GHZ
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 1GB (Brand Gigabyte)
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333 (Tested no Errors found)
PSU: 300W ** Upgraded to 500W Evga PSU Error still occurs. **
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2 **Switched motherboards to ASUS M5A 78L-M LX PLUS** Error still occurs ;; Switched motherboards to Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 to support the amd fx 6350
please help me this my first gaming computer, also I have updated all the drivers and windows updates.
Also to add on it hasn't frozen yet when I'm on my desktop or web browsing except when I was watching a video on youtube it froze.
HDD: 932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-22RKKA0 ATA Device (SATA) (Tested no problems found.)

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
did you try updating drivers and/or bios(if it needs it)

its a freeze, but no blue screen right?

also do windows updates and update all your video related things like drivers and adobe flash

maybe check the tesk manager and see if it's sucking a crazy amount of resources for odd reasons

travazf

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
I updated all drivers not BIOS not sure how to do that exactly and so if I replace the PSU with a 500w and get a new graphics card will it be fixed? Note this is a new computer

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
well, bios may not always be the problem but often an update can fix certain issues (which may cause blue screens)

just read and follow the directions if you want to do it (and don't turn off the power during)

travazf

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
I looked in my event viewer and the main thing that pops up is Processor 0 through 5 in the event viewer are exposing 2 in idle state what exactly does this mean and should I do... I think that may be the problem, source is Kernel- ...

travazf

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

and I used the who crashed download and only one crash was in my dump file this is the information it told me on it, althought I have had to restart my computer many times now not just once. I don't think a higher PSU will fix my problem .. :O
anyways this is what it said:
On Sat 8/10/2013 8:37:48 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\081013-20202-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x4ADE0C)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8007C878F8, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
if its a thermal issue then maybe your cpu cooler isnt on right? or the case fans arent spinning properly? or maybe your gpu is throwing out a ton of heat and the case fans can't keep up? (i think the cpu cooler would be more likely)

or, as it says in the end, it might be a driver problem

travazf

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

The fan looks like its spinning properly on core temp my processors are all 14 degrees C, I don't think its a heat problem, but i'm not sure..

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
maybe download another program to be sure. maybe some other part is overheating which messes with the system (like if the video card or hard drive was overheating)

although i feel like that temperature is wrong, as it seems unlikely that the processor temperature will be below room temperature (around 20-25 degrees C) without some strangely awesome cooling

travazf

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

You want me to do all these tests? Could be my mother board not supporting my cpu that well it supports it but only through an update, Time to look at my CPU temp with that program and GPU i'll tell you what it says.
ALSO I AM WONDERING every time I crash in the event viewer it says system crashed than above it, it says processor 0 than another event processor 1 than another event etc says 2 idle state
Example: Processor 2 in group 0 exposes the following:

2 idle state(s)
5 performance state(s)
0 throttle state(s)
and the event source is Kernel-Processor-Power please help me I think my mother board is giving not enough power to my CPU

travazf

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

Will 450W be enough to power my whole system while playing games or will I still get this error from Kernel?
because everytime I freeze in the Event viewer that is the thing that comes up everytime

travazf

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
I got a new 500w Evga PSU the same problem occurs just the same way, I have a new motherboard i'm going to be putting in it soon, never taken out a mother board or put one in though so hopefully this goes fine, i'm just waiting to put in the new motherboard until I get a wriststrap and some rubbing alchohol to clean cpu