Windows 7 freezing on startup ONLY when i use NVIDIA GPU?

Kristian Brevik

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
Hey!
I'm not that experienced when it comes to computer... but i know the basics.
My problem now is that when i install my NVIDIA graphic card, my windows wont boot properly after i install the GPU driver and reboot. I've tried different drivers, the newer drivers make my screen just turn black when i boot (Black screen of death). I'm curently using a ATI card, which works fine. But the Nvidia card is more powerfull and i would really like to use that card instead but my windows just crash when i use it, i have no idea why :( Nvidia driver 334.89 is the only one that keeps my monitor working, but windows still crashing. Please help me!! :)

Here is my computer specs
http://i.gyazo.com/905f393160eabbb75d1fffd4128585d4.jpg

Kristian Brevik

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015

Everything looks normal. it shows the logo of my motherboard and cpu, then it says starting windows. and a few seconds later it just freeze with the windows logo.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
While in safe mode I would uninstall the NVIDIA card from Device Manager, uninstall any NVIDIA software from programs (GeForce Experience, etc.) and reboot normally. If it boots, then install the NVIDIA drivers again and see what happens.

Kristian Brevik

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015

I have tried everything man... I've been staring at this huge nice looking Nvidia card for over a year now... so tempting to use it but it just wont work. So many people have been trying to help me. i remember when i took out the battery from motherboard and tried then it worked!, and games ran like a charm. but when i reboot, same problem. then i tried to boot in safemode and reinstall driver, kept getting black screen of death and freeze. I'm going to give up, ill just buy a whole new computer, this is the wierdest computer i've owned. NOTHING works, crash crash crash