[SOLVED] Windows 7 Fresh Install and Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all :)
So, I was given a dead laptop that I wanted to gift to my daughter and grandkids for Christmas.
The hard drive had died and it had no power pack, so I managed to get those both at a good deal,
and installed a fresh USB install of an untouched ISO and used the back of the laptop
( Toshiba Satellite C650-020 ) for the Win 7 Home Premium key. It failed to activate, got watermarked
as not Genuine, and shut down on (preset ?) occasion for the last couple of months.
I couldn't seem to activate it, so tried an OEM (unknown manufacturer) download of Win 7 Home Prem.
Same issues with legit key from back of laptop. Tried other half installs from other sources and
am not getting anywhere.
Windows 10 install with my legit 7 key is not an option.
The laptop is about 9 yrs old, and the install fails in final setup (suspect hardware driver issue).
I am not trying to pirate, just want to get this brick going so the kids can enjoy it.
Thanks in advance .

Last edited by a moderator:

4745454b

Titan
It failed to activate, got watermarked as not Genuine, and shut down on (preset ?) occasion for the last couple of months.

I've never heard of this happening. I find it far more likely that the laptop has issues that's causes it to shut down. You did say it was 9yo. I'm not sure why the key failed, I'm not up to date on win7 installs. But i suspect you have a hardware issue for the shut downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.