Windows 7 Fresh Install, No internet. No drivers.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MegaManKane

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Hey,

My dads laptop had a virus, we installed a new fresh version of windows 7, now that is done I quickly realise that I can't access the internet due to there being no drivers installed. The wireless drivers and every other internet driver is not installed.

Im basically stumped and don't know what to do.

I don't even know what drivers to download (on to my pc and transfer them over via USB stick) because I don't know what networking card the laptop has.

Any suggestions or solutions are greatly needed. Thanks in advance great people of TH!!!!

erica_11

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
Actually, you can download them from the same computer, with the fresh install...
Under your C drive there is a file with your computer manufacturers name(mine is dell) . So I clicked on the folder and VOILA a whole list of drivers were there. They didn't specify in the file name what each driver was, so I just installed all of them ( or you can choose not to at the start of the driver install when you see it)
But now all is well, no problems.

LeMaple

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
Thank dude! You helped me a lot. Hats off, sir!