Question Windows 7 gaming nightmare

Feb 3, 2022
Hello everyone! I am dual booting windows 10 pro and Windows 7 pro on a machine that was originally built for Windows 7. I have the OS working fine, but the main reason I did this was to run some old games that simply won’t work on Windows 10. The game I try, “Snoopy Vs the Red Baron”(believe me, it’s addictive), is only running at 1 fps. Everything else in the OS is manageable, but this game runs beyond poorly. I have tried this game on two different computers both dual booting Windows 7, same result.

Is this a driver I am missing?? Does this have something to do with Directx? I am missing oodles of drivers, but I thankfully have my Ethernet driver working. Any help would be super super appreciated because I am stumped beyond belief.

1st Machine: (laptop)
Dell Latitude e5430
i3 Processer
10gb DDR3 ram
Original HDD
Integrated graphics

2nd machine: desktop
Dell Precision t1650 motherboard
Intel Xeon, 3.6ghz
Hyperx Fury ddr4 ram, 16gb
Old PNY SSD used for Windows 7 partition
No integrated graphics
Radeon RX 470 4gb
Radeon R5 430 2gb

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried playing the game in compatibility mode, Right click executable(after going to the installation directory)>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7(from the drop down menu), add the Run as Administrator option before hitting on Apply and OK. I actually play Red Alert 2& Yuri's Revenge on Windows 10, using the aforementioned method and no I don't have the Steam version, I have the CD for the game, I burned it into an ISO and have been playing said game for 2 years. So we're talking about a 1998 game running on Windows 10, in compatibility mode.

Might want to add the specs to your build for good measure. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
OS: since you're on both, what versions(not editions) are you on?

Feb 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried playing the game in compatibility mode, Right click executable(after going to the installation directory)>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7(from the drop down menu), add the Run as Administrator option before hitting on Apply and OK. I actually play Red Alert 2& Yuri's Revenge on Windows 10, using the aforementioned method and no I don't have the Steam version, I have the CD for the game, I burned it into an ISO and have been playing said game for 2 years. So we're talking about a 1998 game running on Windows 10, in compatibility mode.

Might want to add the specs to your build for good measure. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
OS: since you're on both, what versions(not editions) are you on?

I will edit my main post with the specs.

Thank you for the response, I decided to once again try compatibility troubleshooting on Windows 10. What happens is, the launcher will open when I run the game, I will click "play" on the launcher, and nothing happens. I checked task manager and the game disappears immediately after I click play. I tried this with Windows 10's compatibility mode for both 7 and xp. compatibility (it was made for xp but i used to play it on a Windows 7 machine years ago). I have tried two different disks as well. I will try Windows 7 compatibility mode and return back here. Thank you again!

Last edited:

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
I will edit my main post with the specs.

Thank you for the response, I decided to once again try compatibility troubleshooting on Windows 10. What happens is, the launcher will open when I run the game, I will click "play" on the launcher, and nothing happens. I checked task manager and the game disappears immediately after I click play. I tried this with Windows 10's compatibility mode for both 7 and xp. compatibility (it was made for xp but i used to play it on a Windows 7 machine years ago). I have tried two different disks as well. I will try Windows 7 compatibility mode and return back here. Thank you again!
Can you list specifically what processor you have? Quad cores are faster than dual cores, (What I mean is that Intel starting making quad core chips for i3's) And the frequency of it? And also please list the exact processor the Xeon is. Processors get very important here because if it bottlenecks, the whole PC will slow down tremendously. And, if you can, and if you have it, try running the game on an even older machine, like a machine that was built for XP and that is running XP.