Windows 7 Gets a Dose of High Octane... Wallpapers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiotSniperX

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
[citation][nom]ceteras[/nom]Nice try. I've always wondered if people at M$ really care about how windows looks... I mean their bundled wallpapers usually suck.Now, these ones are plain ugly! I wouldn't put any of them on my desktop.I think it's really nice we get to know so much about this new OS before launch, and W7 seems to be a good OS. But these ... no way![/citation]

Thats...why you can change them...

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
[citation][nom]your_mama[/nom]Awwwful! Did some 7 year old draw those with MS paint? Tsiizz.[/citation]
I'd be more impressed if one had. As it is though, I personally don't really like them much.

ivorycruncher

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Wow, new wallpaper is the best feature of a new OS, even though that wallpaper can be installed in any other operating system that exists? Genius. Furthermore, those wallpapers are indeed ugly. In fact, I don't like any of the built-in themes Windows 7 currently has.

I like cool wallpaper as much as the next guy, but as stunning as many of the wallpaper options have been in Windows Vista/7, most of them are unusable. Why, you ask? BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE MY ICONS. I refuse to use wallpaper that is so blinding that I have a hard time finding icons on the desktop because of it. It's not that I can't find them, but it shouldn't have to be a chore to do.

I generally find images that have enough darker color around the outer edges so I have places to put the icons where one can easily see them. Microsoft needs to drop Apple's form-over-function mentality with this stuff and actually give us themes that not only look good, but are reasonably functional as well, and finding usable wallpaper is as good a place as any to start.

Dave_69

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Nevermind my previous comment. They're not just ugly, they're bowling shoe ugly. My 6 year old son thinks they look like Pokemon. How nice for him.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
They aren't that bad. Some remind me of Xmas stop scene movies while others remind me more of Hello Kitty with are going to be popular with that crowd. MS is hitting it right, getting the right crowd that actually will use them. For most of the people here, tech geeks, I don't think MS could ever please that crowd and we'll be using our own anyway. Win - Win situation.

G

Ur gay. The creepy rabbit looking wallpaper sits on my desktop right now and is, in my OPINION, awesome. Maybe it doesn't appeal to those who aren't creative enough to appreciate it. It has a depth to it, a surreal, dark humor. I love it. I tried to switch to one of the nice Architectural wallpapers but had to come back to this one. It inspires me.

Status
Not open for further replies.