windows 7 help can't log on. "The user profile service service failed the logon. Ulser profile cannot be loaded."

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Judy1958

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
When trying to logon to my Dell laptop, I get the message "The user profile service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." I was able to create an administrator account with my nephew's help so that I can at least use the internet. Please help!

Solution
Okay so the profile got corrupted. Simply reboot into SAFE mode or even right now as it is logged in and run RESTORE, and restore to be previous time that it was working is the first answer. This has NOTHING to do with passwords, so forget all your questions or concerns about that. This is simply the system 'corrupted' the profile of that account you normally log into.

First answer most people might expect might be some 'hack' of the Admin account, that is illegal and a violation of the ToS of Tom's Hardware forums, because no one can validate who you are, who's computer that is your trying this on, etc. So if your looking for that answer forget it

To resolve your 'what if' situation, the only anwer then is to wipe the computer with the FACTORY RECOVERY disk and put it back to the very first time ever you used this computer.

BUT WAH! My files!! A) Then you should NEVER HAD turned off System Restore B) you should ALWAYS make a backup of 'important files'. If they are that important than the cost for ANY backup of it pays for itself.

Duncan Andrew

Reputable
May 2, 2015

Superb solution - this certainly does the trick!

Lynn36

Reputable
May 20, 2015
---What if when you go while in safe mode to start (windows 7) and type in regedit but nothing comes up?

xcrossroadsx

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

If this is the case, you may have more corruption than just this error. Try going into c:\windows\system32 and launching regedit.exe from there (it is just a file inside of that folder).

Janeta55

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015
I can't get on to my computer at all as all of the users say that and I don't know how to fix it now I can't do anything on this login page expect turn it off please help

Again scroll back and follow the advice given we will not provide steps to 'hack' the users accounts as that is against the ToS of TomsHardware.

Patrovich

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
In response to Dia-Techxpert

You haven't offered one valid solution and you are nitpicking over wording when YOU are the one who missed what I managed to absorb from a cursory look at Tom's post. I'll pay attention to what Tom has to say as he is trying to help people not tear them down. System restore works most of the time, I work in IT and have recently had a rash of these after recent Windows updates, Tom's solution worked, so if there are any comprehension issues about what to do, I respectfully suggest that the comprehension issues are on your part and not on Tom's communications. I didn't need to do the registry solution as nothing was lost by using system restore for the users.

Sayidnaa

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015

Linda_

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015

heracleolcagulada

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016