Windows 7 Home Premium Key Invalid for Activation???

Charles_408

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
So i finished building my computer not to long ago, probably about a month. I've had my windows 7 installed since then, and now it keeps popping up random messages every second about how the product key I entered a month ago is invalid. The window keeps telling me to activate windows but my windows is already activated. this message is worse than the message i would get when I was using the copy. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE!!!!

Solution
you bought the windows 7 key and know it is a valid one?

if so, it's a simple fix. happens all the time really. it should give you an option to activate windows over the phone. call this number and it will ask for the id number (it shows you where it is) and will then give you a very long activation code for your pc. write down and save this number as it won't change if you ever need it again.

actually seeing this a lot lately. i think MS is doing it on purpose hoping people will just buy win 10 and move away from win 7.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you bought the windows 7 key and know it is a valid one?

if so, it's a simple fix. happens all the time really. it should give you an option to activate windows over the phone. call this number and it will ask for the id number (it shows you where it is) and will then give you a very long activation code for your pc. write down and save this number as it won't change if you ever need it again.

actually seeing this a lot lately. i think MS is doing it on purpose hoping people will just buy win 10 and move away from win 7.

Solution

Charles_408

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016

ok i'll try it

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i have had to do this a number of times lately for per-built pc's and laptops that all of a sudden showed as unactivated. like i said, i do feel this is on purpose from MS to get folks to upgrade to win 10. they may not know how to get it activated this way and could be tricked in yet another way to buy the new OS.