Windows 7 Home Premium Product key invalid?

xeno156

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
so i recently re-installed windows due to system files being retarded and overriding the system, i did as windows calls is a "repair install" and everything went as plan and installed but when i entered the product key (that was on the sticker on the bottom of my laptop) it says it is invalid, i am absolutely sure i have spelt everything right, there is no mistake in spelling, i have tried to source the product key from my registry, and using that one (which was different) it tells me that it is a default key and cannot be used? i am out of ideas as to why windows f**ked up like this, i am positive it is the right key for the right version of windows (Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1)

any suggestions would be appreciated

Solution
Have you tried activating via phone? I've found that no matter how many times I reinstall using the same key, it always lets me validate with a phone call, takes a while but gets the job done.

houldendub

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Have you tried activating via phone? I've found that no matter how many times I reinstall using the same key, it always lets me validate with a phone call, takes a while but gets the job done.

Solution

mironso

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

Best solution is to call Microsoft support call center and explain your problem. They will help you to solve your problem.