Windows 7 Home Premium sp1 Installation Error 0x80070002

Valyan

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Hello all,

I get this error 0x80070002 when trying to install windows on my custom build. It gets to somewhere between 3 and 20 percent in expanding windows files and this error pops up. I have literally tried everything over the last 2 weeks to get this to work. My system specs are as follows.

cpu - i7 4770k
motherboard - asus maximus vi hero/
asus sabertooth 787
ram - 2x8gb dimms of corsair vengeance
pro series cmy16gx3m2a1866c9
ssd - samsung evo 840 1tb
gpu - evga gtx760 geforce 2gb gddr5
double bios acx cooling superclocked

I have replaced the ram with different model of ram, replaced the sata cables, replaced the ssd, replaced the motherboard with a sabertooth z87, tried 3 different windows 7 home premium disks as well as a usb flash of win 7, replaced the optical drive, tried putting only 1 dimm of ram in the first slot, updated the bios, updated the ssd firmware. All of these options have done nothing and I am still left with the same error. I have contacted microsoft, samsung, and asus and none have been able to figure it out. I dont know what else to do can someone please help me?

Valyan

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Did you read my entire post? I tried 3 separate brand new microsoft windows 7 home premium discs sp1 as well as installed the os to a usb drive with the same error. I also replaced every hardware component on the computer with the same result. I dont know for sure but it seems to me to be some kind of software issue with either the bios or the ssd.

USAFRet

Titan

Yes I did.
And I reiterate...obviously either hardware or software.
And to isolate the issue...try booting from a Linux CD. If all the hardware works, then it would seem to be a software issue.
Without some fault, Windows installs generally go quite easily.

Find the problem first.

Valyan

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

How would I go about doing the linux thing, can you explain?