Windows 7 HP G62 portable. Unit is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

hongkongbob

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
Only life is caps lock LED which blinks twice - perhaps 3-4 seconds later it repeats. Have tried holding down the WIndows key and the "B" key while depressing the on button. The light by the power input is also working. Having reseated the memory, cleaned the unit of all dust. Wireless light is amber. I hear the fan initially. When I insert a cd I hear the fan again and it "sounds like" it is trying to read the disk.

Hi,

Try doing a power drain first. Remove the battery off the laptop and the AC adapter the press the power button for around 20 secs then put everything back together and turn it back on. If ever it's still the same try removing the battery and plug the AC adapter then turn it on. Another thing you might want to try just to check if it's not the display that has gone bad is to hook up an external monitor and see if you'll get any display at all. Worst case if it still has no display by doing so it could be the motherboard that has gone bad already.

hongkongbob

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
I appreciate all the help. I did the various steps suggested but to no avail. Went to the hp forum site and found a method to at least get the unit to boot. It does appear that this is a problem unit (known issues). I will try to back the unit off to an earlier Bios etc and see if some combo will work.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.