Question [Windows 7] I have an issue that I can find no help with.

IWrath

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
Long story, as short as possible.
I used Windows for ages until at point I could no longer connect to the internet without figuring out why. I wasn't able to physically factory reset the modem at that time but same PC, same everything.
The simple solution was a swap from Windows to Linux Mint, no more issue same everything.
After a couple months on Mint, and physical access to everything again, I decided to reinstall Windows. It went..... Badly.
Upon installation of everything, I encountered the same networking that drove me away. (Constant Pause/Bedtime issue w/ the Comcast Modem) So I did a factory reset, installed my WiFi Drivers again (for a built in chip, and an external adapter.) That gave me internet access again, albeit with issues that I mostly took care off. (In a painstaking process of using different drivers, Google DNS, reset, renew, flush, etc.)

Now it's a select few applications that I'm encountering what appears to be the same exact error with. Keep in mind, I already tried the one possible solution I found which was downloading and installing the certificate (TRCA > Microsoft Root Auth.) Directly from Microsoft, nobody else. It's not a virus, I've been through that and complete wipe of the HDD and install of Windows is 4 days old checked daily.

This is the error I'm encountering, taken from Discord's console for the full picture.
https://gyazo.com/3d6fc648f54478ce26f4392bce0a793d

I'd also like to note that upon everything I have tried every application with this error has been completely removed from my PC via Revo. There are no lingering files causing the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

IWrath

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
Does the problem occur when discord is not installed?

Yes, it's not only Discord from what I can tell. There are a few apps that throw me the same sort of endless connection failure loop, they just don't have a built in a console for me to double it check it and anything beyond is far beyond my knowledge of such things. All I can really say is that is the error discord gives me, it's not the only client side installed program that throws such an error that seems to be the endless connection failure loop, and that everything else works fine. Discord, Chrome (only certain sites that shouldn't fail, fail. They work in FF.) and some other minor programs that aren't really something I absolutely need but would appreciate.