Reputable
Jan 9, 2016
Specs:
980ti
Asus pro gaming z170
Intel i7 4.0ghz
1t hdd
250g crucial solid state

When trying to install windows 7 on my new custom built pc, I keep getting the same thing where at the portion where you select the disk you only get the thumb drive. I also cant find any of the hdds in the bios. I can hear the 1t start and spin though. When I get to the select a disk all that comes up is the thumb drive that i put windows on and i dont know how to get my computer to recognize that the hdd is there.

I know the cables are plugged in correctly i went over all of them to make sure there were no lose ends that needed to be tightened. The problem is that in the ASUS bios the boot order only shows the thumb drive and nothing elese meaning that the disks arent seen by any part of the desktop.

Solution
For starters mate pull the sata plug out of the 1tb drive if youre installing windows to the ssd.
Youll likely end up with the os on the ssd & the boot sectors on the 1tb HDD otherwise.
Always just 1 drive connected on your initial windows install.

For starters mate pull the sata plug out of the 1tb drive if youre installing windows to the ssd.
Youll likely end up with the os on the ssd & the boot sectors on the 1tb HDD otherwise.
Always just 1 drive connected on your initial windows install.

Solution