Windows 7 install keeps freezing

G

hi guys, I just got a new set up with and after completing the windows 7 setup it just wont get past the windows starting screen. Also a couple of times it wont boot at all. Have rebuilt but havent yet touched any settings in the BIOS This is my build:

GA-990FXA-UD3 rev 3.0
FX-8350
Crucial Ballistix BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00CEU
Samsung 840 series SSD 120GB
HD4350 (yes its terrible but in process of getting a new card)
XFX PRO650W

I would greatly appreciated some help on what to do next and get everything working. Right now I am clueless...

Solution
Do you have other sticks or can you borrow some to try? If same problem with other sticks looks like Mobo or CPU, if fine then prob time to RMA the sticks
G

Ok, tried with one stick. Same thing happened. One of the sticks wont even boot at all. Tested one stick with memtest and it freezes up at like 10-20% the other one i cant even try memtest cause i dont get past boot screen. So are the RAMS fried?

ecasarotto

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

So i tried switching seats and behold slot 2 is working. Ran memtest and passed.I could even install and run windows, however when i add stick nr 2 in any of the other slots it wont boot or it freezes on windows start up. Is it a mobo problem?