Windows 7 install reboot after expanding files

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Hello, i had windows 7 on a ssd, and i upgraded it to windows 10, it got slower so i formated the ssd and went to install the windows 7 again through the cd. Now everytime im trying to install it, it copies the files, starts expanding, restarts, then i have 2 options:
If i boot the cd "press any button in 3 seconds to boot with cd" it restarts the install, and if i dont boot the cd, it says "missing BOOTMGR. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart"... I already formated the ssd everytime the installation restarts, deleted partitions, chkdsk, i have no idea what else to do

Solution
HeavenKinder. set the ssd as secondary drive in pc b then run disk management on that ssd to delete "all" partitions, make new partition then format the drive. put the ssd back into pc a as the main drive, boot from your win7 disk, delete the partition on the ssd, make new partition & format the drive. continue installing win 7. had to do that on my upstairs tower when using same drive that I fresh installed win 7 on my downstairs tower then upgraded to win 10.
sounds like you have multiple hard drives in your computer and its trying to boot off another one. go into bios and check to see if your SSD drive is the first boot device.

but the easiest thing to do would be to just disconnect all your hard drives and only have the ssd and optical drive if you are using a DVD to install and connect them all back once windows is installed

also if you upgraded to windows 10 and are going back then you do not need to install windows 7 again to install it

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
I only have the ssd connected, samr for the optical drive, onlly have the usb of the mouse and a ps2 keyboard for the bios, cause the usb keyboard wont work before the pc boots up.
And yes im using a dvd to install.

If i put the ssd as the first boot device it will give this error cause it has no os to boot on, sometimes the expanding files restart at 0%, sometimes at 6%, but nothing beyond that, it gets there and it restarts.

I wanted to re format the pc after windows 10 for some other dumb reason

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Ok more updates. I tries doing something i saw on a post here, about having the 2 partitions, one system reserved another unlocated, both formated, then in the comand prompt, type in:
chkdsk c: /x /f /r *checks for system reserved*
chkdsk d: /x /f /r *checks where the os is installed*

The c: said it got an error in the end: message transfer with error 50, but everything else appears good, it appears to be only a error displaying a message.
The d: i wasnt able to chkdsk because it said i have nothing to do a direct acess

that's because D: is your optical drive. start the install over again and when you do go into the advance option delete all the partitions and create a new one

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Note that i installed windows 7 on this ssd in the same day this started happening. I formatted the ssd, installed windows 7 with the same disk im using right now! Then after upgrading to windows 10, and going for a clean reinstall with the same disk,.this started happening

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
More updates regarding the issue since no one cares about it. I managed to install the OS on the ssd, by plugging the ssd in another pc and installing using the same cd, problem is, now that i connect the ssd to my machine, it restarts everytime in "starting windows", goes to start-up repair, and say it cant repair it

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
I tried again the start up repair, i have now 2gb of ram, 1 stick. And added my clean 150gb hdd, it boors way faster still restarts. And in the repair, it says:
Problem 01 signature: 0.0.0.0
Problem 02 signature: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem 03 signature: unknown
Problem 04 signature: 21198562
Problem 05 signature: AutoFailover
Problem 06 signature: 6
Problem 07 signature: BadDriver

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Desktop, as i said before, it cant be the optical dive cause i just used it. It worked ok on this pc and still does, im going to try and move everythinf "ram, processor, both hdd and ssd and psu" to another mobo, if that works, we have the problem. Because i bought the psu last week, and literally didnt use it

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
It went further in, before as soon as the red dot appeared in the screen while "starting windows" it would restart, now, it shows up windows logo, and after a while it rebooted, same error with the start-up repair

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Its been another night all around this, im exhausted and frustated, i need the pc to work cause i have 0 money and i have to get a solution inside my reach, i have no idea where else to turn, its been almost 2 weeks if not actually 2 weeks around this, i regret it so much upgrading it to windows 10, it was working fine until i decided to format it. All i can think of is, when i got it to work, i formatted it in another pc, inside the windows using the format tool or whatever, defined the format and all that, theb i brought it home and installed the OS. Now that im formating it here, using the installation disk, its not working, does that have something to do with it? Please im at my limits i have no idea what else to try i really need you guys help, please...

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
A totally different computer.
Pc A is the pc i installed windows 7 on and then upgraded to windows 10 and didnt manage to install windows 7 again because it kept restarting while expanding files.
Pc B is the pc i formatted the ssd the first time and managed to install windows 7 yesterday with no problem what so ever.
Pc C is the i just changed most of the components to and still restarted at starting windows.

Full story is that i formatted the ssd in Pc B and brought the ssd home and installed windows 7 using the Pc A. Then in Pc A i upgraded to windows 10, re formatted and then started restarting while expanding files. Took it back to Pc B, formatted the disk, deleted partitions (also did this is Pc A when having thr expanding files loop) and installed windows 7 again with no problem what so ever. After having windows 7 installed in the ssd using Pc B, i brought it home to Pc A hoping that since the os is already installed, its gonna run in Pc A, and to my suprise, it now it restarts at starting windows, as soon as the red ball of the windows logo apears on screen. Desperate, i changed Psu, ssd and hdd, rams(i tried around 4 or 5 different rams, 1 stick, 2 stickd, etc etc), sata cabled, processor and cooler to Pc C(different mobo different pc). Now the windows logo fully apears, only to restart and do the same as Pc A.

Is that a good explanation? Cause its exactly what happend

at this point it sounds like it could be either a bad windows 7 disk or the ssd drive has become defecive or the motherboard isn't fully compatible. also if it only creates 2 partitions then it is installing using legacy BOIS so make sure in the bios that it it set to boot legacy first if your motherboard has UEFI BIOS