Windows 7 install troubles.

Alaina_1

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
I bought a second hand laptop and the hard drive almost instantly. So I bought a 1 terabyte Toshiba sata off a good friend. He had just wiped it and it didn't have an OS installed. So today I...

Switched hard drives> Turned on the laptop> entered BIOS> changed the boot order to boot from CD drive> inserted a legal copy of Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit software> entered language and key board preferences> next> install now> setup is starting...................... And then it sometimes turns off..

It never starts the setup process!? I don't know too much about any of this kind of stuff. I have an HP home entertainment laptop please help sos

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Have you tried installing some other OS, like some other version of Windows? You could try any other version, like Windows 7 Ultimate for example. Or even Windows Vista, just to find out if it's not your OS DVD that's causing the problem. Although if the computer is turning itself off I doubt it's the media that's causing it you could give it a try because it's happening always at the exact same point of the installation.

ASK THE COMMUNITY