Windows 7 Installation Error - Please Help!

astinger

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Hey guys,

I've been battling an error with installing windows for the past day and a half. I've never had this issue spiral out of control so badly...

I'm making a fresh install of Windows 7, onto my new SSD (Samsung 850 Pro) via USB. No matter what I've done so far I fall into the following error:-

"Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the Setup log files for more information."

Which means I can boot into Windows 7, up until the partitioning part.

I have done the following:-
http://linustechtips...river-problems/
DISKPART = Countless times
Converted the HDD to MBR Disk - though CMD in the Windows install (Ctrl + F10)
Used a Brand New SATA Cable
Swapped SATA Ports - (all 6 on board Ports)
Swapped SATA Cables (with another cable)
Checked if my Bios is Legacy or not
Reset my BIOS (removing the battery)

Swapped USB to another location eg:-
http://druss.co/2013...ting-partition/
1) When you see the error – remove the flash drive from the computer
2) Press exit (red cross in the top right corner)
3) Start installation from the beginning (without reboot)
4) After selecting Windows 7 edition you will get new error - (cant get past this point, without plugging the usb back in. However the error returns)
5) Press OK in error window, you will be redirected to installation main menu
6) Insert your USB Flash drive in to the computer
7) Install windows

I'm out of ideas, and frustration is takings its toll. - Any help will be greatly appreciated!

astinger

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Thanks vesp3r - Trying to avoid using another computer, as this is the same one I've been using since my original build. In saying that I'm typing from you from the computer, but from the original HDD. I can even Access the SSD

SS202sl - SSD is empty, No patitions, and SSD is the only drive connected. Along with my USB which has Windows 7 on it.