Windows 7 Installation Error.

venom0706

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
I have a laptop Inspiron n5110.I recently had many re-installations of Win7 from the same DVD.However, on the last one,when I tried to boot, I got this error while still on the first loading screen (the "windows is loading files" one):
"Status:0xc00000e9
Info:An unexpectedI/O error has occurred."
The error states that there might be unplugged external hard drive or my DVD-writer may be at fault.I think that the problem might be from the DVD disk because I have used it to reinstall the OS a lot.From other DVD's there is no problem.Can anyone help?I would appreciate.And by the way, it doesn't happen all the time, sometimes it manages to boot and install the OS.The error actually happens rarely.

Do you have access to another PC to verify the DVD? Look at the DVD is there any scratches, fingerprints, dirt? Since you have used it for "many re-installations" it could be a dirty disc, scratched, or just a finger print preventing it from reading the disc correctly.

venom0706

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
I have used it on another PC and it works.I also forgot to mention that I droped the laptop several months ago, but I did many re-installs after, so I guess the error must be due to a dirty/scratched DVD.

venom0706

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
I got this error on one of the installs:"Error code:0x80070017.Windows cannot install required files...etc".Does this mean that the problem might come from a scrached DVD, or it is from my laptop?And also, is there any way or program, by witch I can check whether my laptop's DVD drive is ok?Thank you.