Windows 7 Installation RAID Drivers

jcv0085

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
I'm new to RAID installation and I'm having a few issues with installing Windows 7 on my array.

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
2 x 500GB WD CAVIAR BLUE

Here's the steps I've already gone through:
1. Set my storage configuration to RAID
2. SATA ports 1-4 = RAID & SATA ports 5-6 = IDE
3. Restarted and configured my array so my HDD's are in RAID0 with 128k striping size and the capacity is 999.99GB
4. Began Windows 7 installation

I've loaded the RAID drivers to a USB drive provided by the software that came with my motherboard. I start the Win7 installation and choose "custom installation." No HDD's are posting at this point. I select the "Load Drivers' option and will navigate through my USB drive to the RAID drivers. I'll select next and I'm prompted with "To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64-bit drivers. Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unusable Windows installation."

I'm left scratching my head at this point and I can't progress any further. I've tried also tried the Vista drivers to no avail. The drivers from the ASUS support site have the same issue.

I've been searching forums and can't get a direct answer. Please help!

MRFS

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008

MRFS

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
On Page 3-10, under "Storage Configuration",
it looks as if you need to ENABLE "OnChip SATA Channel"
and then change "OnChip SATA Type" to RAID.

Then, read all of Chapter 4.4: RAID Configurations
e.g. you must run the Option ROM to assign HDDs to arrays
or to JBOD mode (Just A Bunch Of Disks).

Use Cntl-F to invoke that Option ROM, as described
on Page 4-13.

Then, for any HDDs that are non-RAID (aka "JBOD")
the controller should identify them as such.

Also, I'm not at all familiar with AMD's 790X chipset,
so you should confirm what I'm saying here
with someone who has direct experience with the 790X.

Lastly, WD's Caviar Blues are NOT "RAID Edition" ("RE"),
so they are not recommended for any RAID arrays.

MRFS

jcv0085

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
I have used these drives in a RAID config before and ran into the same problem. I just can't remember what I did.

I have made my drive assignments and created my array. It shows them as RAID0 in POST. My problem is with the RAID drivers in the windows installation. It says they're not digitally signed and won't let me load them. They're shown in the raid driver load menu, but I'm prompted with this: "To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64-bit drivers. Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unusable Windows installation."

jcv0085

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Well, I found some drivers that worked (I think). Now I'll get up to the Windows logo and I'll get a BSOD then the system restarts. The BSOD only stays up for a fraction of a second.

megadeth1968_09

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011

If you have found the answer to this, please share with the rest of us. I'm having the same exact problem.
email me at: evans_dav@hotmail.com

raviprasad

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

Thanks... In got it which i want..