Windows 7 installing

mariusk.2003

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Hi,
So i wanted to reinstall win 8 to win 7, so i moved all photos and files to disc D. When i wanted to reinstall i deleted all drives except where my photos are and i cant install windows because i need to delete that but there are all my files and i deleted the drive with windows. Is there a way to install windows without deleting that drive or is there a way to move them to usb drive?

Solution
You cant just go straight from windows 8 to windows 7 as windows 7 can only setup its boot partition on an MBR disk, while Win 8 and newer is on GPT.

The only way to put Win 7 on the disk is to completely erase it and reformat it as an MBR disc.

You have 3 options to obtain files before wiping it:
1) remove this hard drive and plug into another computer via either SATA connector or a usb-sata adapter. At that point you can view the drive as if it is an external and move your files to another drive
2) Download a live-linux distro onto CD/Flash drive. Then boot to live linux OS (do not install to hard drive) and then you can view and transfer your files
3) Install windows 8, then transfer your files
You cant just go straight from windows 8 to windows 7 as windows 7 can only setup its boot partition on an MBR disk, while Win 8 and newer is on GPT.

The only way to put Win 7 on the disk is to completely erase it and reformat it as an MBR disc.

You have 3 options to obtain files before wiping it:
1) remove this hard drive and plug into another computer via either SATA connector or a usb-sata adapter. At that point you can view the drive as if it is an external and move your files to another drive
2) Download a live-linux distro onto CD/Flash drive. Then boot to live linux OS (do not install to hard drive) and then you can view and transfer your files
3) Install windows 8, then transfer your files

Solution