Windows 7 Keeps Restarting after putting in new hard drive

UrFavSigma

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
I recently bought an E-Machine from a friend because it needed a new hard drive. So I got a hard drive from best buy and put Win7 on it. Ever since then it restarts on it's own every 10 minutes. I'm not super tech savvy and don't know what this issue could be. Any suggestions?

Windows 7
AMD E-300 Dual Core
Upgraded to 10GB from 2GB Memory
TB HD

Thanks! This is my first post!

Solution
High computer temp can cause shut downs and is quite common, so check all the grills on your computer and clean them all off. I use an air compressor to blow out the dust just be careful of the fan blades they break easily if your not careful. If your going to blow out the fan grills hold them so they don't spin. Then watch your temps and see if your still running hot.

Second, I have seen this happen in machines where the PSU was failing, see if you can test the PSU with a tester or try another PSU in the computer.

Have you checked the event viewer at the time of the reboot to see if any errors? The event viewer should help you focus on the issue at hand.

The log in the event viewer will allow the pinpointing of the direct cause...

UrFavSigma

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015

No there are no error screens...it just reboots

High computer temp can cause shut downs and is quite common, so check all the grills on your computer and clean them all off. I use an air compressor to blow out the dust just be careful of the fan blades they break easily if your not careful. If your going to blow out the fan grills hold them so they don't spin. Then watch your temps and see if your still running hot.

Second, I have seen this happen in machines where the PSU was failing, see if you can test the PSU with a tester or try another PSU in the computer.

Have you checked the event viewer at the time of the reboot to see if any errors? The event viewer should help you focus on the issue at hand.

The log in the event viewer will allow the pinpointing of the direct cause though, so if you could post the even log from one of the reboots, that would be helpful

Solution