Question Windows 7 Keyboard and mouse stop working on install

Jun 8, 2019
I bought parts and assembled my computer this morning but I couldn't get it to install windows 7 from my disc. It showed Windows is loading files and then the Windows logo pops up and the 4 colors start spinning to make the Windows logo and then everything goes black and the computer restarts. I finally got it to the install screen after changing to legacy boot instead of UEFI, but then it was telling me that it couldn't install on my ssd.
I did a lot of googling and never really found an answer that worked, but I changed the thing from AHCI to RAID and it installed. Everything I was reading said to have it set to AHCI, but it was on that by default, so I figured what the heck. It installed it, but then when it gets to the next setup screen where I put in the name of the computer and such, my mouse and keyboard stop working. The mouse and keyboard are plugged into usb 2.0 and I have also tried PS/2 and neither work when it gets to that screen. The keyboard is still on as I can turn the caps lock and num lock lights on and off, but nothing appears on screen when I type. Thanks in advance! Here are the specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
ASUS Prime Z390-A LGA 1151 (300 Series)
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Intel Core i7-8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2 GHz
Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750FX 750W 80+ Gold ATX12V & EPS12V Full Modular
SanDisk SSD Plus 1TB Internal SSD
ASUS 24X DVD Burner
ASUS GeForce GT 710 2GB GDDR5

TRENDING THREADS