Question Windows 7 lag

Jun 18, 2021
I have a problem with my pc.
I have a gaming pc that i built with my hands (specs bellow) and this pc is always laggy on games.

Can windows 7 cause the lag?

hadiahmed29

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Pretty sure Nvidia gtx 1070 24gb is the reason your are getting all the lag.
Also how are you using Windows 7 on a 9th gen processor as far as i am concerned they stopped supporting after 7th gen.
Also what do you mean by lag how much FPS are you getting what is your monitor refresh rate ?

Jun 18, 2021
Pretty sure Nvidia gtx 1070 24gb is the reason your are getting all the lag.
Also how are you using Windows 7 on a 9th gen processor as far as i am concerned they stopped supporting after 7th gen.
Also what do you mean by lag how much FPS are you getting what is your monitor refresh rate ?
The monitor refresh rate is 60hz

hadiahmed29

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
The monitor refresh rate is 60hz
Try enabling the V sync as it will match your monitor refresh rate with the FPS.
playing on 60 hz always a little laggy and stuttery so for that you'd have to buy a monitor with a better refresh rate.
Also if your monitor supports a bit of overclocking clock it to 75hz if that improves the lagging you are talking about there is your answer.
but overclock it for a 5 10 mins just to check as it will damage your monitor if you do it for long.
Also what FPS are you getting ?

Jun 18, 2021
Try enabling the V sync as it will match your monitor refresh rate with the FPS.
playing on 60 hz always a little laggy and stuttery so for that you'd have to buy a monitor with a better refresh rate.
Also if your monitor supports a bit of overclocking clock it to 75hz if that improves the lagging you are talking about there is your answer.
but overclock it for a 5 10 mins just to check as it will damage your monitor if you do it for long.
Also what FPS are you getting ?
My computer can run over 240 fps on rwalist games but the monitor is capped at 60 hz
I overclocked it and nothing happened

hadiahmed29

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
My computer can run over 240 fps on rwalist games but the monitor is capped at 60 hz
I overclocked it and nothing happened
Yes 240fps is the reason you are getting the stutter try enabling the V-sync so it will sync the FPS with your monitor refresh rate.
Also your monitor is only capable of overclocking refresh rate to 75hz so it wont be a big difference.
See if enable v sync helps the lag or betters it

ASK THE COMMUNITY