Question Windows 7 logon screen with Username and password fields

Nov 17, 2021
I turn on a Windows 7 machine and get the normal logon screen with a default username and icon displayed, asking for the password.

How can I get to a logon dialog with fields for username and password so I can logon as another user. Specifically, I believe there is an 'Administrator' account on this machine and I would like to logon with that account in normal of safe mode.

Thank you.

Left click on the "User Name" field and enter the user name you want to use. Hit [Tab] key and enter the password for that username and the [Enter] key.

Sussing out the password for the Administrator account is going to be just about impossible so I don't know how you will accomplish that one.

USAFRet

Titan
I turn on a Windows 7 machine and get the normal logon screen with a default username and icon displayed, asking for the password.

How can I get to a logon dialog with fields for username and password so I can logon as another user. Specifically, I believe there is an 'Administrator' account on this machine and I would like to logon with that account in normal of safe mode.

Thank you.
You "believe" there is an Administrator account?

Yes there is, but if you do not know that password, we absolutely cannot assist with this.

Nov 17, 2021
Left click on the "User Name" field and enter the user name you want to use. Hit [Tab] key and enter the password for that username and the [Enter] key.

Sussing out the password for the Administrator account is going to be just about impossible so I don't know how you will accomplish that one.

I have the password of the Administrator account

There is no Username field. The icon and name of the default account are displayed with a field only for password. Same in safe mode. The question is how to logon as a different user, ie. Administrator? How to get the dialog where you enter both Username and Password?