windows 7 memory problems detected

cryingbrook

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
so lately my computer keeps on experiencing the blue screen of death, and my chrome tabs also keeps on crashing. i researched a bit and found out that i should run a windows memory diagnostic. after running it, i get this result

Windows Memory Diagnostic
Your computer has a memory problem
Memory problems can cause your computer to lose information or stop working. To identify and repair the problem, contact the computer manufacturer.

im a total noob when it comes to computers so i honestly dont know what to do with this???
i researched a bit and found people saying that the windows memory diagnostic checks the ram only? i looked up my ram and it says i have 5.88gb available out of 6gb

so what do i do now?? is there a way for me to repair the problem, or do i have to contact the manufacturer. this computer was purchased by someone else from oversea so im not familar with it.

kanewolf

Titan
Is this a desktop or laptop? Do you feel comfortable opening it up and replacing parts? You can attempt to swap the memory for new if you want to buy it and swap it. Otherwise a local college student might be able to do it for minimal additional cost.

cryingbrook

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016

its an ASUS laptop. so the only solution would be for me to swap out my own memory with a new one??

cryingbrook

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016

ASUSTek COMPUTER INC.
CPU B980 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
6144MB RAM

I think these are the things you asked for???