Windows 7 Mouse and Keyboard not showing up while in Setup

Im_Salty

Reputable
Oct 10, 2016
Hello everyone. I'm having problems with a Windows 7 Home Premium Installation. I've tried to do a clean install of Windows 7 with a DVD, entered BIOS and whenever I'm coming to the Setup where you can select the languages my Keyboard and Mouse will disappear :(. Any help would be much appreciated!

Specs:

Intelcore I7 6700

Mouse: Razer Deathadder

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB

Motherboard: MEDION B150H4-EM

DVD: TSSTCorp

No special drivers are required for basic mouse/keyboard operation. Your problem is most likely lack of USB 2.0 support on your PC/Laptop. System Details here would help everyone and should always be the first thing posted when asking a question.

For information on how to install Windows 7 on a USB 3.0 only system start here: http://codeabitwiser.com/2014/03/how-to-install-windows-7-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/

dmitche3

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Been here with multiple MOBOs. My latest ASROCK won't recognize my keyboard when booting into Windows 7 safe mode. For this I keep a PS2 keyboard around. I'm glad to see that it isn't just me and my two MOBO (asrock and MSI) but I'm sorry to see others suffering. I've tried installing the keyboard into the various ports but also without any luck but my mouse has always been detected. The links above aren't working so I couldn't review them. :(

If nothing works you may want to run out and get a USB to PS2 adapter ( one for mouse, one for keyboard or a 2 in 1 ) IF your PC has a PS2 adapter on it.

Good luck.