Windows 7 No Drivers, No usb Drivers Either

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollinC24

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
I completely messed up on my lenovo x220 and now I have zero drivers. Ethernet, SD card, USB, Wi-Fi you name it my computer doesn't have it, what should I do??? No CD drive either so dvds are out the window

Solution
Well, I guess you're in a bind then. Are you sure the USB ports don't work in the pre-windows environment. If you attach a USB flash drive does it show up in the BIOS?

CollinC24

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Thats the problem though, I can't install the drivers at all, no usb drivers, no cd bay, no sdcard drivers, no ethernet drivers, nothing.

What do you mean "can't install drivers"? Are you not able to boot into windows at all or will they not install once you are in windows? If your device has USB 2.0 ports AND USB 3.0 ports, on many systems the 3.0 ports won't work until drivers are loaded but the 2.0 ports should have native level support. Try all the USB ports. You should also have native keyboard and mouse support before windows loads into memory so you should be able to enter Safe Mode with minimal native support of those as well in order to get drivers installed.

CD and DVD drives don't require any other drivers than what windows automatically supports since probably Windows 95. If your DVD drive isn't recognized, you have other issues than drivers.

CollinC24

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Went into safe mode and nothing. None of the usb ports work. Period. I don't have a dvd bay so i can't insert a disk. Windows is working but everything else? Nope.

CollinC24

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Touchpad and keyboard works but thats it. can't get online usb ports don't work

CollinC24

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Whew after a few days of hastling with the dang thing I gave up/in and went out to buy windows 8 and that seemed to fix all of my problems, upgraded today to windows 10 and it works just as good. Thank you very much for your help though!

Status
Not open for further replies.