Windows 7 no internet access

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ThisIsAnfield08

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
Hello, I haven't been able to access the internet through my laptop for a few days now. You're my last attempt at solving this before I reinstall the Windows.
Yes, it's the classic "connected to wifi but no internet access". The thing is i've tried connecting through different wifi's, directly through the cable or with safe mode but still no luck. I also tried any methods of solving this that i found online with no success.
Yes, I'm taking into consideration that this might be a hardware issue, but I'm hoping it's not the case.

Solution
Hello... Yes... a re-install/re-fresh only takes 15-30 minutes... and the OS will be back to safe/default settings for a connection if everything else is properly working. GL B )

Most the time people are not ready or have media/procedure to do this... Glad you can for this situation.

Blackink

Distinguished
Thumbs up to Ironsounds for such patience and clarity when explaining the needed steps for troubleshooting the problem.

I didn't need your help, but I thank you for the efforts you put into ThisIsAnfield08's problem.

There are some very good suggestions for others to follow here if they ever get in a similar predicament.

Well done!!!!!!

ThisIsAnfield08

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
I just want to let you know that it wasn't a hardware issue. Reinstalling the Windows fixed it for me. Maybe there were some corrupted registries, I don't know, I'm just happy that i have my internet back :)