[SOLVED] Windows 7 no keyboard/mouse although tried for so long..

Jun 17, 2020
Hello guys. So yeah pretty much what the title says.. apart from using countless forums and youtube tutorials, none of the ASmedia/intel/custom usb 3.1 drivers work.. and I'm kinda stuck at this point for 5 months but I'm sure it's because of the bios setting that blocks the ports on boot or something similar.. any help would be much appreciated.
Mobo: ASUS Prime Z390-P

Solution
i ran this tool on my install media and have not had a single problem with this issue since.

Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper - VideoHelp Forum

use a copy of your iso file and run it through this. takes a while but it will get you up and running. i use this on multiple systems per week with all kinds of new hardware and it has not failed me yet!!

my personal system only has 3.0 or better slots and i have no problems installing win 7 with a 3700x on a b450 board that only has usb 3 slots

your welcome :)
Jun 17, 2020
I don't quite understand, what you're trying to do.

You have windows 7 and suddenly keyboard and mouse is not working?
Have you tried PS/2 style keyboard and mouse?

Why are you using windows 7 on Z390 board? Use windows 10 instead.
No no no. I'm trying to install Windows 7 on new rig but sadly any USB 3.1 drivers slipstreaming on the installation media ended up getting mouse and keyboard not working over and over and I'm just wondering if there is any BIOS setting that is blocking mouse/keyboard.

Unfortunately I don't have my PS/2 keyboard anymore, I trashed it in 2016. And Windows 10 is really pushing me away from getting it because of forced updates that break everything and tracking. Some apps and games are badly optimized for it too, or at least that's what people warned me about.

Use Gigabyte Windows USB installation tool to integrate USB drivers into installation. Z370 USB drivers should work for z390 too. The drivers integration utility is made by Gigabyte, but it works on all boards with selected chipset. It doesn't matter, if your board is manufactured by Asus.
Note - your windows 7 installation must have SP1 already integrated.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility?kw=z370&p=1

In BIOS set:
Fast Boot - to disabled
Advanced/USB Configuration/Legacy USB support - to enabled

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i ran this tool on my install media and have not had a single problem with this issue since.

Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper - VideoHelp Forum

use a copy of your iso file and run it through this. takes a while but it will get you up and running. i use this on multiple systems per week with all kinds of new hardware and it has not failed me yet!!

my personal system only has 3.0 or better slots and i have no problems installing win 7 with a 3700x on a b450 board that only has usb 3 slots

your welcome :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS