Windows 7 no sound problem, please help!!!

Techinfoscience

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Windows 7 shows there is sound and drivers installed, but i get no sound from my machine,yesterday i couldn't boot my pc up and the fans were running woth blinking led, yes i have led fans. And last night i wanted to give it a last try before i go buy new psu( thought that was the problem) i heard high frequency sounds and a strange smell from my psu!!! Today i went out and got back seeing my brother turned on my pc like a charm by just pressing a button, everything seems to work except sound. As i said i have drivers installed( i hope matching ones) because it was all fine until yesterday, can you please help me im tired of fixing it all day.maybe it could be a mobo too, never had this problem before.Thanks

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Not by accident put all sound at 0? Look at the system tray,at the sound icon,right click it and choose the volume mixer,see if all are at 100%.
Can also choose "play devices",one will be checked (green V) right click that one and choose "testing".See if it gives sound.

Techinfoscience

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
I have a lot of knowlege about pcs and i tried every single thing you mentioned.
It recognizes speakers and everything is 100% but still hear nothing.
Also i cant turn on my pc fans are spinnig but blinking, not constant led light, psu problem?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Try a clear cmos.
Can you test with another psu? Or this one in a different pc ...
Not "turning on" is not booting?
Moved the pc? Maybe check all connectors in that case..

Am a bit confused when you say you can't start the pc but tried everything i mentioned.

Techinfoscience

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Let me clear this up, i start it, fans are spinning and that(but they are led fans and they need to light up, but you can only see a strobe effect, not fully lighten up) but the monitor says "no signal" and im sure monitor is okay and all connectors are connected normally, tomorrow i'm going to test another psu, also this one is not branded like cooler master etc. It is chineese so i assume that it has died

TRENDING THREADS