Windows 7 Not Booting, BSOD on Startup, Startup Repair Offline, Can't Restore

Jul 10, 2018
Hey everyone,

I've run into a rather serious problem with my PC.
I think what started the problem off was I removed a WLAN driver, because I was getting major audio latency issues, and I'd read that sometimes removing the driver and reinstalling could help. Anyway before I reinstalled I decided to reset my PC to see if it had improved it at all.

Every time since then when the PC tries to boot up the windows startup screen freezes after about a second and a BSOD flashes up before kicking me to the screen that asks to run a system repair. Thing is when you select repair, it says it can't find any issues and resets the PC, which just crashes and sends the whole thing round in circles.

I've tried doing a system recovery and a system restore. The system recovery said that it had restored the PC to an earlier date, but upon reset the cycle just started again.

I've tried booting through the advanced startup options, such as the various safe modes and with command prompt, but every option just crashes to the BSOD and begins the cycle again.

I really am at a loss. To add insult to injury I don't think I can factory restore my PC because I can't access my serial number because I can't boot the machine in any mode.

I've accessed the BIOS startup screen and the boot order and everything seems to be fine. I also managed to access command line and ran a chkdsk c: /f and it said there were no issues.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers

Lewis

Not sure if this is helpful but this is what the Startup Repair error says:

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21198992
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 12
Problem Signature 07: BadDriver
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID 1033

RealBeast

Titan
You are at a point where a clean reinstallation would be the easiest course. That assumes that you do not need to retrieve any data off the machine.

If you do need to retrieve data, my go to tool is a Live Linux USB boot stick using Mint32, which you can create with THIS free tool. It will automatically download the desired Linux distro and create the Live boot stick that you can use to start your computer, then mount the drive and search for needed data. There is a learning curve to this effort, but once mastered it will be a go to tool.

Jul 10, 2018

Thanks for replying!

To be fair I have already done a reinstallation of Windows. I managed to get a USB boot going and reinstalled.

Interestingly the install would always crash onto a black screen, I did the install about 4 times like this.
Then I decided to remove the actual WLAN card from my motherboard and it worked fine.

So I'm guessing because of the driver error on that card the system could never boot, so maybe if I'd have removed that card earlier, I wouldn't have had to reinstall, guess we'll never know :)