Windows 7 not booting can I just install 10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosscobill

Reputable
Nov 26, 2017
Hey Just asking the title. My computer gives me a "winload.exe" missing error and wont boot. Could I put a windows 10 iso on a usb and just install that? Also will I keep my files??

rosscobill

Reputable
Nov 26, 2017
Could I just put my main pc windows key in and download a win 7 iso and repair it with a disc? would me putting my serial number in to download it do anything to my current windows?

Whilst yes you can install 10 or try to repair windows 7 by trying checkdisk. I would NOT upgrade to 10 and DON'T reinstall windows 7 before you get the data BACKED UP on a SEPARATE drive. You can do this by making a linux usb (ubuntu) and booting it from then copy the data to an external drive and then you can reinstall windows.

Don't download the program. Just follow the steps once you made a bootable windows 7 usb. That program won't do anything it's just an advertisement of "hey look our program can do this but not really so here is the actual solution".

Oct 26, 2018
If Windows 7 won’t boot properly and doesn’t show you the Error Recovery screen, you can get into it manually. First, power the computer completely down. Next, turn it on and keep pressing the F8 key as it boots. You’ll see the Advanced Boot Options screen, which is where you would launch Safe Mode from. Select “Repair Your Computer” and run startup repair.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.