Windows 7 not detecting audio

souwerpower

Honorable
May 30, 2012
I recently built a computer on a Asrock P97 Pro3 and for some reason. I have tried re downloading the audio drivers from the site as well as the disc but nothing seems to change. Windows update has also finished all of its important updates as well. When I view my playback devices "digital display audio" shows up 6 times, and under each of them it says "AMD High Definition Audio Device Not plugged in". Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Ok. First you could check to see if there are any BIOS updates which would be the best thing to do. Also make sure the drivers you are downloading are the correct and most upto date drivers. Also download latest chipset drivers which could help. Also goto device manager, and select "sound, Video and game controllers and see if it is detected in there. If so right click on it and select update driver.

souwerpower

Honorable
May 30, 2012
I just have speakers plugging into the back. When I go into device manager the only thing that shows up is AMD High Definition Audio device, and apparently its up to date when I try to update it. I will try updating the BIOS and chip set drivers. I'll let you guys know what happens.

souwerpower

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Also on another note.. when I go to my Catalyst Control Center, under audio it says "Your display doesn't support audio, select another device". I'm not trying to play audio through my monitor at all, it doesn't even have an audio jack or speakers of any sort. Again Digital Display Audio comes up as the only choice and I can't select it. I just updated the most recent bios that came out 7 days ago and still no dice.