Question Windows 7 OEM activation - Windows is not activated

rainy_man

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
We bought a couple of brand new Fujitsu Esprimo desktops about 3 years ago. They got OEM licence and a Win8 sticker on them. WITHOUT key number on the sticker. I got Windows 7 instalation disk with them, installed it, activated Windows, everything worked smoothley. But...

All of sudden on one machine I got notification Windows is not activated. On just one machine. Hardware was not changed. After Going to MyComputer properties and on the option Activate Windows gots me three options - Buy a new product online - Type a different product key - Contact Fujitsu Technology Solutions.

I don't want to buy a new product key of course and don't have another to type in. Contacting Fujitsu Technologies resulted in them telling me to call Microsoft. I called Microsoft, somehow got the operater, not the automation, because I don't have option for phone activation. I explained the situation to operator.

Long story short> after him realising I don't have the key since it's oem licence, he connected to the computer via microsoft software and tried some things, run some programs with which I am not familiar, but at the end he didn't solved the problem. Can somebody help me?
I understand that not having Windows activated I will still get all the important updates just my Desktop stays black.

We bought a couple of brand new Fujitsu Esprimo desktops about 3 years ago. They got OEM licence and a Win8 sticker on them. WITHOUT key number on the sticker. I got Windows 7 instalation disk with them, installed it, activated Windows, everything worked smoothley. But...

All of sudden on one machine I got notification Windows is not activated. On just one machine. Hardware was not changed. After Going to MyComputer properties and on the option Activate Windows gots me three options - Buy a new product online - Type a different product key - Contact Fujitsu Technology Solutions.

I don't want to buy a new product key of course and don't have another to type in. Contacting Fujitsu Technologies resulted in them telling me to call Microsoft. I called Microsoft, somehow got the operater, not the automation, because I don't have option for phone activation. I explained the situation to operator.

Long story short> after him realising I don't have the key since it's oem licence, he connected to the computer via microsoft software and tried some things, run some programs with which I am not familiar, but at the end he didn't solved the problem. Can somebody help me?
I understand that not having Windows activated I will still get all the important updates just my Desktop stays black.

The licensing status is confusing here, you said the computers came with Win 8 so where did the Win 7 disk came from and the code for Win 7? Did Fujitsu supply those? Did you mean those disks were with the computers with OEM license codes?

Nothing much you can do if even MS could not activate it, but they should have helped you with issuing a new valid code to use as long as the code you got was a legal one and not some cheap one you got off eBay.

rainy_man

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
UPDATE: Machines did came with Windows 8 sticker (licence), but honestly I think I got them them already downgraded to Windows 7. So I just reinstalled Windows 7 with disk I got with computer. I got 3 disks with computer: Fujitsu drivers disk, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 disk.
Windows 7 disk Windows 8.1 disk

As for the code for Windows 7, it is in the BIOS (I think) like it should be with oem licences.
On Windows 8.1 disk it has inscription OEM Activation 3.0 required. I'm not familiar with that. I also reinstalled Windows 7 with this disk (Windows 7 disk) multiple times and didn't have a problem, i.e. Windows got activated. – Alex388 4 mins ago

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS