Windows 7 oem (how to re-activate on new mobo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

solo2o9

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
I want to be prepared if by any chance my mobo goes bad. My question is:

How do I reach Microsoft's toll free phone number?

Can you guys link me to their place where I can call them?

What do i tell them?

Solution
If you replace a bad motherboard, you will need to reactivate. If the replacement is identical, you will have no problem.
If the replacement differs by enough, there may be an issue.

If the online activation fails, you will be given a toll free number for a second try at unaided activation.

If that also fails, you will be given a number to talk to ms.

MS is primarily interested in stopping the spread of piracy and making certain that the particular copy is genuine, and is being used on only a single pc(read motherboard)
The key answer is to assure ms that you are using the copy only on the pc you are trying to activate.

If you replace a bad motherboard, you will need to reactivate. If the replacement is identical, you will have no problem.
If the replacement differs by enough, there may be an issue.

If the online activation fails, you will be given a toll free number for a second try at unaided activation.

If that also fails, you will be given a number to talk to ms.

MS is primarily interested in stopping the spread of piracy and making certain that the particular copy is genuine, and is being used on only a single pc(read motherboard)
The key answer is to assure ms that you are using the copy only on the pc you are trying to activate.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.