Windows 7 on Samsung 950 Pro ( NVMe SSD )

ZeroInfinity

Honorable
Nov 21, 2014
Hi All!

I'm planning to install Windows 7 on the 950 Pro. I know Windows 7 has a bit of issues when it comes to installation on NVMe storage but for personal reasons its my OS of choice.

I've been doing some reading on other posts with people answering downloading the drivers but since my laptop has an m.2 slot ( which supports nvme ssds ) and the standard sata slot which houses a 1tb hdd. Can I just create a partition on the hdd and install windows 7 there and from there clone it to the 950 pro?

Thanks alot!

Solution
If you already have windows 7 on your hard drive, why not clone it directly to the 950 Pro.
That is how I did it.
You will want to download and install the Samsung NVME drivers for the 950PRO first.
Then run the Samsung ssd migration aid to move your "C" drive to the ssd.

In my case, I removed the original drive and keep it as a backup that I know will work as a starting point for recovery.
If you already have windows 7 on your hard drive, why not clone it directly to the 950 Pro.
That is how I did it.
You will want to download and install the Samsung NVME drivers for the 950PRO first.
Then run the Samsung ssd migration aid to move your "C" drive to the ssd.

In my case, I removed the original drive and keep it as a backup that I know will work as a starting point for recovery.

Solution