windows 7 or 8.1cant decide

juliosis

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
I'm building a high performance gaming rig, hopefully it'll be good enough that I won't OC but I want to know which would be a better over all experience, the neat and simple windows 7 home premium, or the new future-proof windows 8.1? Please remember gaming is the main priority but o would obviously still use it for day to day tasks.

Here are the specks just in case

CPU: AMD FX 8350
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS EVO R2.0
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 2 GB

RAM:TWO 4GB STICKS MUSHKIN STEALTH

PSU:OCZ ZT 650W 80+BRONZE FULLY MODULAR

Solution
Well either would work but Windows 8.1 is the newer of the two and personally I would never go back to Windows 7. I have been using Windows 8 since it came out and am very happy with it. It took a few minutes to get accustom to the new UI but after that it was very nice. I never really used or liked the Start Menu anyway so for me it was great.

But the UI aside with the faster boot time shutdown time and the fact that my games and app's start faster it is just a better OS's all the way around.

If it were me I would go for Windows 8.1. Newer DX versions are going be targeted for Windows 8/8.1 possibly leaving Windows 7 behind. Why get a OS that is obsolete and outdated before you even install it?
Well either would work but Windows 8.1 is the newer of the two and personally I would never go back to Windows 7. I have been using Windows 8 since it came out and am very happy with it. It took a few minutes to get accustom to the new UI but after that it was very nice. I never really used or liked the Start Menu anyway so for me it was great.

But the UI aside with the faster boot time shutdown time and the fact that my games and app's start faster it is just a better OS's all the way around.

If it were me I would go for Windows 8.1. Newer DX versions are going be targeted for Windows 8/8.1 possibly leaving Windows 7 behind. Why get a OS that is obsolete and outdated before you even install it?

Solution