Windows 7 or 8

KiwiwV1

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Which is better for gaming. Some things that the official websites are vague about is whether dx 11.1 works on windows 7, and whether windows 8 plays all the games that windows 7 can. The lack of a start button might be annoying, but is there an option to add a start button? How much RAM does windows 8 64 bit support?

In theory windows 8 should be better for gaming, as it has lower requirements, which means it needs less performance to run.

The saved performance compared to running windows 7 should apply to your games and will make a slight difference.

However it has been shown that in most situations support for the OS is the main factor of how well your games will be running. So the latest games will most likely run better on windows 8, and the other way around.

MY OPINION:

I've used both windows 7 for years and upgraded to windows 8 at the day of release. Windows 8 is my personal favorite as it is faster and snappier. There will be a big update in the summer that will remove annyoing metro (if you desire) and alike, so windows 8 will have a more 'desktop-like' feel to it.