windows 7 or SSD don't show up in system recovery box.

jimachao

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
I tried looking at all the forums to see if anyone else has had this issue, but no luck. I recently wiped my secondary hard drive using a program that was trusted, easus? I think. Anyways, I rebooted after the wipe and apparently some boot files from my current OS on my primary SSD were still written on that hard drive.. now it will not show up in any system recovery boxes, to select an OS to begin system repair with the win 7 boot disk. I tried going into command prompt with win disk and using the repair commands /rebuildbcd, sfc /scannow but they all don't work since there is no OS to be using these on. I even went into that "locate drivers" window explorer and saw the windows files on my SSD so it's not like it was wiped or anything.

Solution
You've wiped the system image from the secondary hard drive when you used the Easus software, so you can forget about using that to restore Windows, the image has been destroyed.

As for using the "Repair Windows" option, it's beyond repair if it's not showing up. I understand you can see the Windows files on the SSD but that doesn't necessarily mean it can be repaired. If you are getting "Insert bootable device" it means the boot code is missing from the SSD. Windows repair cannot fix that.

You will have to re-install Windows from a Windows 7 installation DVD, or use "factory recovery" if it's a laptop or factory-built desktop PC.
I assume you created a backup system image on the HDD using Windows 'Backup & Restore' - right?
And you've destroyed that backup image by wiping the HDD - - have I got that right?

If you are still able to boot in to Windows (you didn't say whether you can or you can't) I don't see the problem.
Just create a new system image.

jimachao

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013

Yes, there is no backup image because when it prompts me to select an operating system to repair or get a backup image from, the OS doesn't show up.

You've wiped the system image from the secondary hard drive when you used the Easus software, so you can forget about using that to restore Windows, the image has been destroyed.

As for using the "Repair Windows" option, it's beyond repair if it's not showing up. I understand you can see the Windows files on the SSD but that doesn't necessarily mean it can be repaired. If you are getting "Insert bootable device" it means the boot code is missing from the SSD. Windows repair cannot fix that.

You will have to re-install Windows from a Windows 7 installation DVD, or use "factory recovery" if it's a laptop or factory-built desktop PC.

Solution

jimachao

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013

Its pretty much been rebuilt from the ground up, only thing stock is the secondary hard drive. But ok... I guess ill have to resort to that. Thank you much for your much needed input.

TRENDING THREADS