Windows 7 PC stuck at Shutting Down.. Why?

Sagar_20

Distinguished
So i removed my Zotac graphic card from my Win 7 PC in order to sell it and upgrade later and use the integrated HD 2000 graphics from Intel Core i5 CPU, however for the purpose of testing i did not uninstall the old drivers and instead upgraded the Integrated graphics to get the max resolution. And as expected i ran into a problem. When asked to restart after the driver upgrade, i agreed and hit restart but within a few seconds Windows got stuck on Shutting down Loop. Well this is the first time i'm seeing an issue like that and i would like to why this happened? Perhaps due to driver conflict but they are from different brands and not not share the same install directory. So i doubt that. Anyway in the end I had to hold down the power for 5 seconds and restart and now everything seems to be Normal.

Solution
Pure and simple, you uninstall the drivers for the device you plan to remove from your system, power down, remove and power up again.

Sagar_20

Distinguished

Correct. Without removing the old drivers, each and every single time i turned off the computer, the display would go off and the PC would get stuck in a shut down loop with no intention to actually turn off.

Apparently it was hard to perform a uninstall as there were so many nvidia drivers, and each requiring a reboot so i did my research downloaded, installed and ran the latest version of Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode and it removed everything in one click. The last time i did this, i might have selected amd, that's why it didn't work.