[SOLVED] Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Installation Trouble

Oct 18, 2019
Hello everyone. This is my first post here and I'm having trouble.

I recently bought a Sager NP6854 laptop from Xotic PC and I bought a Win 7 Pro disc. I didn't want Win 10 and the hard drive is blank. For whatever reason, I can't install the OS. After it loads, the "windows" icon freezes as little light dots and then my machine hangs. I can't use ctrl-alt-del to restart and I have to hold down the power button.

Since then, I've looked for what might be the reason for the issue, but there's no clear method to remedy the issue. I saw that I'd have to change UEFI to legacy. I'm not going to act like I understand what that means, but I think that means it's it changes how the bios acts towards the OS? In any case, I don't see how I'm able to change this with Insyde. When I look at it, it looks like everything is set off by default so I don't know what I'm missing.

I appreciate any help I can get on this and I can try to provide any additional information needed. Thank you.

Solution
I appreciate any help I can get on this and I can try to provide any additional information needed. Thank you.
Just go with windows 10.

You'll have serious pain locating all the necessary drivers (without them lan, wifi, usb, audio, touchpad will not work at all).
Also installing windows 7 on modern hardware is really problematic (manual integration of drivers/hotfixes is necessary).
Plus windows updates will be initially broken and after manually fixing they get disabled anyway with unsupported hardware nag screen.
Sep 6, 2019
Hey I just installed 7/ 32 bit had trouble . You need to properly format the hard drive. "Active partition" . Go to something like computer management to find the tool.
I used a linux mint live dvd to format, can't remember app name not hard to find . It's six am and I got back up to check another idea, been trying to install spotify on an old xp machine.

Just go with windows 10.

You'll have serious pain locating all the necessary drivers (without them lan, wifi, usb, audio, touchpad will not work at all).
Also installing windows 7 on modern hardware is really problematic (manual integration of drivers/hotfixes is necessary).
Plus windows updates will be initially broken and after manually fixing they get disabled anyway with unsupported hardware nag screen.

Solution