Windows 7 pro 64 bit on DIY comp refuses to be read

AcerFan9994

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
Ok, I am new to DIY computer building and have just completed gathering all of the hardware components for my new computer, which are as follows:

Core Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard Asus Z97-DELUXE(NFC&WLC) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Hard-drive Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 600W ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive HP DVD1265I DVD/CD Writer
Monitor Dell ST2421L 24.0" Monitor

Now, I am trying to get windows 7 pro (64 bit) onto my hard drive. The program came from MyChoiceSoftware.com, so I had to burn the provided .iso onto a DVD. When I insert the disc, the optical drive will get stuck in a continuous reading pattern, which lasts until I eject the disc.
I swapped optical drives to an older one I had laying around and this one read it fine until it got past the "select language" part of the windows set-up. Then it would say that a driver is missing and to please insert the media with said driver, problem being that it would not tell me what is missing a driver.

So my question is, Do I need to get a different Windows 7 disc? And if not, what driver is the computer needing? Anybody with similar problems, share them please and let's solve this thing.

Dec 5, 2014

Can you try using RUFUS to make a bootable USB? In my experience, USB is faster, silent, and doesn't need a driver. Oh, and DO NOT use a USB 3.0 port. Only USB 2.0.

Or go to <removed by moderator> and download a Windows 7 Pro ISO from there. Just enter the product key that came with "MyChoiceSoftware.com"

Off topic, I wonder why you didn't get 6th gen Skylake CPU, and why not a SSD?

jdevola

Reputable
Oct 2, 2015

I have a similar problem. Whether I boot from DVD or USB, it keeps asking for "driver media" but doesn't specify what driver(s) it needs. In my case I have trying to recover a Dell installation, and I have tried the included "Dell Drivers" DVD, but this also doesn't work.

I posted my question thinking that AF (Advanced Format) may be the blame since I have read Win 7 does not support AF. I don't know if this is true or not. I am wanting to install Win 7 on a new build as well -- still working on it...