[SOLVED] Windows 7 Pro Freezes but only on main user

stephanykraft

Honorable
May 8, 2013
Since 12/20/2018 updates, when I login to primary admin user Windows screen freezes after 2-3 minutes. Ran hardware tests and all test normal. Safe mode works great no lockup even in network version. Have 2 other user logins and when I use those, no freezing. However, no Appdata directory on them so software wants reinstall when I try to anything.

I have tried uninstalling updates and reinstalling. That process runs through without 2-3 minute lockup even if it takes 5 minutes.

I really don't want to reinstall Win 7 completely and install 20 programs again including Outlook.

Solution
Click on the Windows 7 start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
Windows 7 start logo, Type MSCONFIG in the search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the MSCONFIG program that appears in the search results.
Search: MSCONFIG
Windows 7 will launch Microsoft's System Configuration Utility, click services tab, then look for hide microsoft services and check the box, the disable all other options, make a quick note of whats checked first, then click ok, restart system and try again.

richpixel

Prominent
Jan 3, 2019
Click on the Windows 7 start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
Windows 7 start logo, Type MSCONFIG in the search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the MSCONFIG program that appears in the search results.
Search: MSCONFIG
Windows 7 will launch Microsoft's System Configuration Utility, click services tab, then look for hide microsoft services and check the box, the disable all other options, make a quick note of whats checked first, then click ok, restart system and try again.

Solution