• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question Windows 7 Pro "N" version- Where to download?

Tim042

Prominent
Sep 10, 2020
(1) Hi, anyone know where to download Windows Pro "N" version as Microsoft Disk images page gave error when i entered valid

Key for a "N" i already have on laptop but need to reinstall as it wont accept service pack 1, says its not valid for this version or something like that.

Also i tried to add service pack 1 manually from a file and it failed and tried to do from windows update , but that was no go too. Why SP1 wont install with Pro N version?

(2) Also- CAN you extract windows itself from a working computer? even if without all the updates? and then reinstall or install to diff computer.

Thanks..

Endre

Respectable
Apr 30, 2019
(1) Hi, anyone know where to download Windows Pro "N" version as Microsoft Disk images page gave error when i entered valid

Key for a "N" i already have on laptop but need to reinstall as it wont accept service pack 1, says its not valid for this version or something like that.

Also i tried to add service pack 1 manually from a file and it failed and tried to do from windows update , but that was no go too. Why SP1 wont install with Pro N version?

(2) Also- CAN you extract windows itself from a working computer? even if without all the updates? and then reinstall or install to diff computer.

Thanks..
You could download the ISO image of Windows 7 Professional, and also download the Service Pack 1 separately.
Then, do a clean install of Windows 7.
Then, install Service Pack 1.

But, I’d rather install Windows 10.

Tim042

Prominent
Sep 10, 2020
You could download the ISO image of Windows 7 Professional, and also download the Service Pack 1 separately.
Then, do a clean install of Windows 7.
Then, install Service Pack 1.

But, I’d rather install Windows 10.
Yes of course but apparently Pro and Pro N are diff programs and not compatable and thats why i want the Pro N as have key for that only. If i cant, then i can use the key maybe as the free upgrade to 10, but i need 7 for reason for this laptop.

ex_bubblehead

Champion
A couple of things here:

1. Windows 7 N was never officially released in your country. It was an EU thing only.
  2. All Windows 7 support was dropped by Microsoft on January 14, 2020. This means that there are no longer any legal download sources for any version of Windows 7 if Microsoft has turned off the servers.
Windows 10 is it moving forward.

As to your original issue. Reinstalling won't fix a "...not valid for this version..." error. Only obtaining a correct SP installation will fix that.

And, using your Windows 7 license key to activate Windows 10 will consume and deactivate the Windows 7 license.

Endre

Respectable
Apr 30, 2019
Yes of course but apparently Pro and Pro N are diff programs and not compatable and thats why i want the Pro N as have key for that only. If i cant, then i can use the key maybe as the free upgrade to 10, but i need 7 for reason for this laptop.
Usually, the ISO image has all editions of Win7 (Starter, Basic, Pro, Pro N, Ultimate etc.)

ASK THE COMMUNITY