Windows 7 Pro repair without disk

clementnkw

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
I'm not sure what i did but when i restarted my computer, it said bootmgr is missing. I've been trying to find ways to repair it. I mostly saw people saying to use a Windows 7 installation disk to start the repair service on it. I got my Windows 7 Professional from my school. I have a legit code and have installed it on my PC before. Is there any other way instead of burning a DVD/ISO? Also saw people saying to press F8 when starting up the PC but it doesnt bring me to the repair place. Help would be much appreciated!

Solution
grab any copy of the disk and make a bootable image...remember, u dont need a legit copy to initiate startup repair...any copy will do...but its not recommended...
however it is will be more efficient if u perform a clean install...unless u have something to recover from ur old installation...

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
grab another computer and download the disc. Or borrow a disc and copy it to make a bootable USB stick then you can repair the main boot files. I think microsoft released the .iso's for the install discs. I don't know if they are still up but I remember hearing that before.

grab any copy of the disk and make a bootable image...remember, u dont need a legit copy to initiate startup repair...any copy will do...but its not recommended...
however it is will be more efficient if u perform a clean install...unless u have something to recover from ur old installation...

Solution

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015

Start up repairs aren't that terminal, hardware changes cause that stuff a lot. Re-writing the boot sector usually brings it back to how it was before for me. That happens to be a lot when I run a bunch of different hard drives on my refurb MSI motherboard. I get BSOD's like pagefile not found and such.

You should be able to boot into safe mode though, idk if your getting to that screen.

cannot get to safe mode when bootmgr is missing...cannot go to any mode watsoever...