Windows 7 Problem

xmarkwilliamsx

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
I started on Windows 8 and had no problem in PC Gaming and then moved over to the almighty windows 7 because I couldn't stand the look of windows 8 but now I lag in multiplayer games but my fps is high and ping is very low just little fps skips anyone know a soloution?

Solution

xmarkwilliamsx

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014

when was this OS change? I only installed the drivers that came with the motherboard disk

my motherboard is ASUS H61M-AUSB3

Could you possibly link me to the download for the new drivers and stuff?

I assume this means you changed the OS, from 8 to 7?

Here is the link to get all the latest drivers from ASUS:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H61MAUSB3/HelpDesk_Download/

You will also want to check the BIOS version to make sure you have the latest.

xmarkwilliamsx

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014

Sorry to ask just I really want to get this solved :) is there anyway to add you on steam? skype? something just a quick way to contact you?

I don't have steam or skype, I generally avoid social media, lol. I come here to try to help in my off time, which is why it can take so long for me to answer. Plus having the conversation here lets others that might have some further insight into the issue contribute.

On that link i gave you before, enter your OS version and download the newest versions of the drivers. The newest version will include all the fixes from previous versions so are usually the best. Also, are you running the latest driver for your GPU from nVidia?

xmarkwilliamsx

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014

Yes I'm running the lastest version on nvidia, its just im having some problems installing the drivers from the link some don't work some do of course I'm probably doing it all wrong :'(

for instance I download the bios files and it gives me a .cap file? what do I do with that?

They have a utility to install BIOS updates in Windows. Otherwise, save it to a USB flash drive and there should be a part in the BIOS to upgrade directly there. If/when you do the upgrade, be patient, it can take some time. It will let you know when it is finished. Don't think its stuck or frozen and reboot, that will brick the machine if incomplete.

Solution