Windows 7 Professional 64 > Windows 10 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

THAVICIOUS1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Hi guys i know some of you all may just wait out on installing windows 10, i myself have Windows 7 Professional 64/ so i do believe this gets upgraded to Windows 10 Professional 64 bit? My question is this, okay i have all legal version of Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bandicam FRAPS, etc all of these programs are already installed, does this mean i will have to wait till the guys upgrade to windows 10 compatible software? Because i fear if i install the software i will lose everything, nothing wont get reformated right, i never done an upgrade before every in my years of building computers.. just buying new hard drives and buying new operating systems for them.

Thanks in advance guys!

Solution
99% probability they will work.

In the Notification thing, it checks your PC, including any applications. It will let you know if there is a conflict.
See the column on the right:
aki9bLT.png
Yes you will get 10 pro 64bit when you upgrade.
It's extremely unlikely your apps will stop working, even my weird programs that I had to mess with windows to install (python) are still working after upgrading for 8.1pro to 10.
You may have to reinstall your video card drivers with proper windows 10 ones is all.

Samat

Distinguished
Yes you will get upgraded to Windows 10 Professionsal. And hen you do the upgrade all your software will still be there after (the installer should check for any incompatible hardware/software when starting and let you know of any conflicts). You might want to check if all the programs you use regularly work with Windows 10 or if anyone had problems with them. Most programs that work in Windows 7/8/8.1 should work in Windows 10 without problems aswell though.

I would still recommend making backups of any important files, photos etc just incase if anything goes wrong during the process.

THAVICIOUS1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Thank you so much guys! Thanks for all the nice help! I've heard people have heard people having performance issues..
And i don't know if it's they're computer but will have i have any issues, and related to gaming as well? My specs are below :)

Brand: Project TIDEALWAVE [Selfbuilt]
Model: Project Tsunami II
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100 Black Edition 3.3GHz
Video Card: MSI Raedon R9270 2GB-256bit
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster X-FI Fata1ty PCI-Express
Motherboard: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO [BIOS: 2102]
Hard Drive: Western Digital/Seagate
01: 1TB Western Digital
02: 500GB Western Digital
03: 300GB Seagate
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS7000C-CU
Power Supply Unit: Corsair TX850W [850 Watt]
DVD Drive(s): Plextor/Sony
01: Plextor PX-740A [Slave]
02: Sony DVD-ROM DDU1615 [Master]
Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry II
System Fan(s): Thermaltake
01: Thermaltake AF0026 120mm [Blue LED]
02: Thermaltake AF0026 120mm [Blue LED]
03: Thermaltake AF0035 92mm [Blue LED]

Didn't realize i had all my pictures on a different drive... so i know i'll be safe then... okay so all the stuff on my desktop are mainly my document folders will those have all my apps and documents in the folders? upon the Win10 update?

USAFRet

Titan

Regardless of whether you are upgrading or not, those pictures and music files really, really need to be backed up on another device.
Right now, you are but one drive fail away from losing all of it.

USAFRet

Titan

Any photo of which there is only one copy may be said to not exist at all.
Drive fail, file corruption, virus, whatever....poof, all gone.

You need at least 2 copies of anything that would be painful to lose.

THAVICIOUS1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Thanks for the tips guys!!!!! Now i have had bad luck today... nothing major but my power went out, and now i have to run windows 10 upgrade again how can i do that? I've looked on the get windows 10 icon (on taskbar below) and went here "C:\$Windows.~BT" and clicked on install Windows 10, and i gotten an error have no idea what's going on guys..

again thanks for all of your help!

EDIT: Nevermind i found a way through the cmd prompt i heard only a few people have encountered problems upon install, had a friend said that she was stuck @ 75%

Samat

Distinguished

Yeah there are some workarounds, but running the setup from the hidden folder definitely doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.