Windows 7 Raid 0 Storage Drive(Steam)

hopkiller

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
So recently I got a hold of two 2TB SATA III drives that I have installed and configured in RAID 0 through the Intel Raid controller on my motherboard.

This is probably a dumb question but I am in the disk manager and have no clue how to ensure I set this storage drive(RAID 0) in windows properly.

lcOXwNy.png

2Ffvr3k.png

I appreciate the help and I apologize if this is a searchable topic, I have been looking but I have not been able to locate an answer.

Thanks,
Hop

Solution
lol easy.

If it didn't it would be showing as 1.81 TB and not 3.7 TB XD It is all there. Also looks like it is a GPT Disk since it is asking to convert it to a MBR disk.

Just remember if one drive fails in that you lose ALL YOUR DATA so either 1) Make sure there is NOTHING on there that you can't risk losing or 2) Backup your important stuff.
lol easy.

If it didn't it would be showing as 1.81 TB and not 3.7 TB XD It is all there. Also looks like it is a GPT Disk since it is asking to convert it to a MBR disk.

Just remember if one drive fails in that you lose ALL YOUR DATA so either 1) Make sure there is NOTHING on there that you can't risk losing or 2) Backup your important stuff.

Solution

hopkiller

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008

So I just leave it as a GPT and assign a drive letter by choosing new simple drive? It is a steam and game only folder nothing that can't be replaced.

TRENDING THREADS