Windows 7 RC Date Officially Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i would never touch window if i knew how to use ubunto.

installing ubunto isnt the problem for me its installing every thing else.

tester3000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
[citation][nom]kyeana[/nom]Now the next question is Ubuntu 9.04 or Windows 7 RC1 for my laptop...[/citation]
I'd go with Windows 7 RC. I just feel that linux doesn't have a firm place in the market as a primary OS. You will miss some things from Windows 7

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
^Very true, however i mostly do coding on that laptop and i absolutely love the multiple workspaces feature that ubuntu has. Great for organization.

thedipper

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Win7 has some really nice window organization (for people with larger monitors mostly), but no multiple desktops yet :(

Windows is a little too mainstream, we'd hear too much "I pressed the desktop2 button where did everything go!?!?!"

G

Will this also expire officially in August? And does anyone know if it will be available on Microsoft's site for download? I would very much like to try it as my primary operating system now is the official beta- I luvessss it!

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
Unlike other people, I rather stick to Vista since I don't see any reasons for me to upgrade. Vista actually run pretty well on my systems. Mac OS X is better, but on my desktop PCs, Vista isn't bad. Does almost everything I can do on a Mac and Linux + run my games.

Probably, I'd only shove Windows 7 into my media centre because native H264 playback on my media centre would be nice instead of relying on those third party filters that doesn't integrate with Windows Media Center well.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
so then i can DL the RC for free? im a little confused is the the same as the one you buy at the store or will it run out or somthing?

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]so then i can DL the RC for free? im a little confused is the the same as the one you buy at the store or will it run out or somthing?[/citation]
LATTEH, it's not the same one you buy at the store. There will be (minor) changes and critical bug fixes between this version and the one sold at stores or Released to Manufacturers (RTM). Pre-release versions such as this usually expire after a certain date so that prevents you from using a free copy of Win7.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]kyeana[/nom]Now the next question is Ubuntu 9.04 or Windows 7 RC1 for my laptop...[/citation]
Both! I'll be building a new rig in sometime and that will be my setup.

[citation][nom]tester3000[/nom]I'd go with Windows 7 RC. I just feel that linux doesn't have a firm place in the market as a primary OS. You will miss some things from Windows 7[/citation]
Really? If I could only go with one (I hope I never have to though) I'd with Ubuntu.

G

"Alpha testing actually comes before the Beta testing"

I'm pretty sure jhansonxi knows this and was trying to take a jab at the quality of Microsoft products.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Holy-Fire[/nom]"Alpha testing actually comes before the Beta testing"I'm pretty sure jhansonxi knows this and was trying to take a jab at the quality of Microsoft products.[/citation]
I'm sure the person who said that known this, and was trying to match his stupidity.

G

I must say I have never made the jump to Vista, after all the disappointing features and new menu organization. Ubuntu has been great for a work environment, I still prefer Windows xp for multimedia but Ubuntu is catching up fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.