Windows 7 RC Now Available for MSDN, TechNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatedtodie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
fonzy, go to google or yahoo.com and type in "MSDN Library"
if you still can't find it, I suggest returning your computer to the store you bought it from.

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
What I want to know is...with RC being released...how long before retail version goes out to market. I'm going to need a laptop for grad school next Fall and would like 7 pre-loaded on it.

G

Can't users who already own a Win7 beta,just simply use the update function?

I've noted that the beta version of Win 7 works fine with 768MB of ram; but too slow with 512MB of ram.
It does work with 512MB of ram, if you disable lots of services, aero, programs, etc..
As far as technet I can't seem to download the RC.

However all hail mininova which seems to host RC1.

G

TPB hosted one an hour ago, what seems like an nlited version (or a bad version).

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Damn that subs isn't cheap!!!1
Either that or I didn't understand the subs page(codes???)
MSDN operating systems cost $699!!!!!!!????????

edhalsim

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
So if I install RC1 over Vista and then the final release comes out later, will I have to uninstall/reinstall, or just install the final release?

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
[citation][nom]edhalsim[/nom]So if I install RC1 over Vista and then the final release comes out later, will I have to uninstall/reinstall, or just install the final release?[/citation]

you'll want to do a full install. you can try an upgrade, but i always find that a full install is not as bad and is a good way to start from a clean slate...

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
[citation][nom]fatedtodie[/nom]fonzy, go to google or yahoo.com and type in "MSDN Library"if you still can't find it, I suggest returning your computer to the store you bought it from.[/citation]

haha, that was great, made me laugh pretty ahrd

Status
Not open for further replies.